Thursday, July 24, 2014

Start

Hello!!..
Now that I'm starting this new blog, the task that stands before me seems almost impossible to achieve... I'm trying to build something like a ' database' with information about Postage stamp Designers from all around the World... a little biography (if available..) and images from the different stamps of each Artist are what You will get in this blog..
I will use a simple terminology that will describe the stamp or the series that I'm talking about...

[Country] [Year] "name of the series" (number of stamps) [Perf] [Print (Engraver)] [Printed by] (Scott code of the desired stamps

There is an emphasis's in the Sc code , because I only need to present the images of the stamps designed by the desired Artist .. for example , in the following series we only need to present 2 stamps ( of course , if I have the all series , I present it..) , because from the 4 stamps of the series, 2 are repetitions...




in these other example, we have a series in which only one of the designs is work of our Artist...



, so I will present only that stamp and only the SC codes of the repetitions of that design..




Well, I think the viewer is now in conditions to see the different posts , that can be accessed by the Labels at our right...
If the images are not mine , I will leave a note with a link to the site where I "pick" the images... I think that it is a fair exchange....
This is a blog in constant "Construction" and the posts are never completed... now they have the name of the Artists and not much more..!
Before I end this Introduction, i would like to leave here a link of a similar but much more advanced blog , dedicated to stamp engravers...




[ In Construction ]

No comments:

Post a Comment